I gripe, moan, complain and critique–it’s a part of my nature—but I am happy. Things have been rougher this year (especially the beginning) but I have noticed that I am content and proud of myself lately…happy. I think it has to do with a lot of things but here is a list:
- Eating- I am eating better than ever and no candy which means no rushes and crashes. This is a work in progress but each day I get a little bit better.
- Exercise- HELLO ENDORPHINS! Welcome to my brain and please stay awhile endorphins. I don’t know if it’s just the exercise high but there is nothing better than finishing an exercise class covered in sweat or meeting a goal by running on the street or calories at the gym (calories because it’s the only thing that transfers between machines).
- Crossing shit of the list- I don’t actually write down lists but there is one running constantly through my head. I am slowly crossing off credit debt (will be done soon!), messy debt, responsibility debt (ie becoming MORE responsible), crap debt, shopping issue debt. All sorts of debt- I used to feel like I was always running on the negative no matter what and now I feel like I am running on the positive and making my way out of a hole.
- Not drinking- I like drinking the occasional glass of wine or cocktail but since exercise and school take up most of my time I don’t drink during the week much anymore. I don’t have angst with drinking but it’s good to remember that alcohol is a depressant- it makes you more depressed and sluggish. Keeping drinking to weekends has improved my mood- this was not a planned thing.
- W and Rocky and my Family and W’s Family and my Friends and W’s friends- I have a pretty great circle of peeps that is strengthened by the addition of W and W’s Family and Rocky. I am not someone who is good at being alone a lot. I am shy but I like being around people or hanging out with dogs- as long as someone/something is around. When I lived by myself I often would have the TV on in another room while was doing homework or reading. How sad is that. Some people like spending a lot of time by themselves and as I grow older, and they become rarer I have learned to treasure those alone moments. I like to walk or shop or look at art by myself. Notice how those things still involve being surrounded by others.
So that is why I am happier- the first 4 are because they make me proud. The last is because I am lucky.